15 January 2016

Slipping into the night.

This is for you, because you have to know
This was never your fault. 


It was upon day unlike others
When I woke she was gone
When next I saw her vision
I was told I am no longer wanted
And as she stepped away so too did life
I just didn't know it yet
Time waits for no one
And so forth I took myself
I had lost the brilliance in my everyday
But there is still a tomorrow
And so I took what I had in today
And gambled it upon a tomorrow
I learned to fly upon the land
But none found me good enough to do so
I stood to try again
Reaching out into the dark
But there is nothing to grasp
I tried to love again
But only left hurt in my wake
I cannot stand anymore
I cannot see any light
All the hope I've got is for others
And I have no hope left for me
Please forgive me as I slip away into the night.

2 comments: