12 December 2011

Through the Storm

Through the Storm
For the people we encounter on our journey

Taking to the sky upon wings of freedom,
Adrift with worriless minds.
Freedom follows me eternal,
Guided only by the winds behind me.

Taking flight over vast distances,
Laying sight upon things unknown.
Expanding greatly the sphere of my existence,
Insignificance of my own means nothing.

Taking into a tempest,
My flight becomes chaotic though on course.
This path I've chosen from among the winds,
No simple windstorm may divert me.

Glancing suddenly into the eye of it all,
I find myself awe'd by what lay before I.
Here I still find that my wings are unrestricted,
But Unwanted I shall throw myself upon the gale again.

Braving the fierce winds of its existence,
Fighting only as much as need be.
Drifting lazily upon the gusts,
Wishing to simply let things be as they should.

While I am now free of the storm,
It was my choice to enter into the encounter.
Its calm invitation had not gone unanswered,
The call had been filled.

I regret nothing,
The storm mighty and blowing behind myself.
I hope simply that I have left even the slightest of marks upon it.
And with the same hope, I venture forward into the unknown before me.

Open my wings to the future,
My freedom just behind me.
Strength granted from the storms.
Tomorrow will soon be today,

Calm skies embrace my form,
Dreams flitting about the zephyr.
Memories of storm and of calm.
I am keen to the future before my ambitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment