6 December 2011

Into the Night

Into the Night - for which we will wander for the ages.

And so as the last star falls,
Darkness comes to chain me.
I cannot change the steps already taken,
Silence consumes the world.
And still action has escaped me.

The world falls into ruin.
All that would have meaning,
Slowly fades to black.
But I must journey on.

It is her end though.
That last star to fall,
Shattering all the hope reserved.

The path crumbles underfoot.
And I fall to my knees.

Rage consumes eternity.

The first to fall before me,
Are those that took her from me.

And with their ending,
Resistance builds against my fury.
Only to see it grow all the more extreme.

Those worthy of it,
Will not be spared of my malevolence.
Each will be torn asunder.
The world shall know of my wrath.


With a terrible legacy in tow,
I will rise into the dark night.
Forge my fury into the heart of a new star.
And cast my light out into the beyond.
So that none must fall to the same fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment