22 October 2013

Wingless

Wingless
For one Katzen. There's a future out there somewhere.

I have loved you for an age
And I will love you in the next
Nothing will ever change this
Though there is no song on the wind
Nor is there any warmth for the cold
Not even a shadow remains
The path you took is long lost
No lights to guide me
This was your choice
Nare to be seen again
You are lost to me

Memories are all that remain
A heavy burden to bear
A part of me forever more
This is not a weakness
Though it will never be strength
It simply is what it is
So I will sing my own song
Let it fill the wind behind my journey
I will shine my own light
And bring warmth where I can
This is the path I chose

To continue is the greatest challenge
So simple and still so insurmountable
Yet I have done so for so long
Without even knowing how I have
Or even how far I have gone
To turn back is tempting
To hold you is intoxocating
But long ago I had to let go
Your love once graced me
But I am without you now
And I will never be any less.

No comments:

Post a Comment