28 February 2013

Oathbound

Oathbound
For the promises we hold in our hearts.

Forged from fire,
Resting within the cold.
A promise made,
A promised sealed.

This steel dagger,
A blending of two metals,
This union,
Of you and I.

Your name on one side,
Mine on the other.
Forever together,
Yet we are not.

As you happened upon my world.
This metal has been granted life.
Given to my hands to create.
Us within grasp.

The knife surrendered,
The blade within my hand.
Peircing into the flesh that forged it,
The hilt held in offering.

My promises for us,
My promises for you.
Married with this edge,
Granted only to you.

Pulled from my world,
Crimson red flows free.
Heartache and fear,
Sealed within this scar.

Our blade is yours now.
To do with as you desire.
You are bound to nothing,
This shall be my oath to you.

The freedom is yours,
Yours to destroy me,
To destroy our world,
Or to create something new.

The metal is nothing,
It's creation means everything.



No comments:

Post a Comment