22 January 2012

Oh people.

People are, without any doubt, one of the most amazing things we will encounter in our lives. They are easily, also the most terrible. The people I have met have shaped my world. Both in ways that I can look back on and appreciate, and also in many ways I can look back on and understand that there was something to be learned. I am not like many people, and I am sure there are many that are not so different. It is everything that shapes us into the individuals that we are, from the people we interact with to the environment that surrounds us. Always changing, from this day to the next. People are hardly static.

Though I am sure there are arguments against such a claim, I will not believe them. The world we live in, is essentially just a rock hurtling though space at amazing velocities. But on this rock, for each and every single one of us, is our own world. I can only see the world through my senses, and mine alone. The things I experience will not be the same for anyone else. No matter how close our lives are.

It's an interesting concept to me. I have always wondered if the blue I see, is actually the blue another sees. And I don't mean in reference to color blindness or even blindness in any sense. Simply that, the things I am exposed to, how can I ever truly convey my world that it will be understood fully. There are certainly things about other people I will not understand. And I am not talking about women in general. That's a different bag of cookies altogether. But on the same tone, men are hardly any different. There is however, a common reason for it.

Again, The worlds we live in. The world we need not share with anyone, should we choose it. These are the worlds where things are in fact, important. And other things are not even worth the time to think about. So as a result, we have individual wants, and needs. These are our hopes and dreams, our nightmares and horrors. The things we will defend with our lives and the things we will fight to have. The zealots and the passive, we are the people of the world, and this is the rock we exist on.

I understand and accept, that there will always be things that I cannot accept, or understand. That my world is not -the- world, but it will always be mine. I am the protagonist of this story, and everyone else is a supporting character. But not you, You are the protagonist and I am but a supporting character. All of these interconnected lives, on the same path towards the tomorrow we will all live differently. There is no wrong way to do so, but there is also no right way.

We will judge, and we will hate others for their choices, go out of our way to crush the hopes and dreams of people we do not even know. We will also stop and help those that need it. Bring them up from the dirt and dust them off, and send them back into the world standing tall. We are amazing, and we are terrible.

And here I am, passing words off as poetry. But what do you see in the words I wonder?

No comments:

Post a Comment