28 November 2011

The North Star

The North Star 
For Cara the Amazing, even if she doesn't believe me.

It started as the faintest of lights,
But it drew me out unto the night.
Chasing a single star,
When so very many were drawing into sight.

It would be the one,
The only one that would ever matter.
It is but the single one worth my ambition,
Even if it may have no worth for another.

It is the hope,
It is the greatest dream.
A marvelous future,
As of yet unseen.

And so I shall reach out,
Send my hands out into infinity.
If my reach is to fall short,
I shall run in pursuit of destiny.

If you would stand with me,
I will share with you all the glory.
Dare you stand against,
And you will be run through without mercy.

The end is never too far,
With every step it grows ever closer.
And perhaps when this dream is in hand,
I too will shine brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment